Between 2016 and 2021, I have been Associate Research Professor in the Department of Political Science and International Relations at the Universidad de Las Américas, Quito. I continue serving as a permanent Member of the Doctoral Committee (PhD in Technology Management, Society and the Enviornment) in the Faculty of Management Studies, National Polytechnic University of Ecuador. In addition, I have been Visiting Professor at FLACSO Ecuador (2019-2020), in its Dept. of Development, Territory and Environmental Studies, holder of the IPEAT Latin America Chair at the University Jean Jaurès of Toulouse (2019), and the Universidad Laica Eloy Alfaro of Manabí (2020-2021): ORCID: https://orcid.org/0000-0002-7183-0381.
I also figure on the Advisory Committee of the International Journal on Social Quality and WoS-indexed journal Letras Verdes.
Holding a PhD in Anthropology and Sociology of Development, from The Graduate Institute of International and Development Studies, Geneva, and Masters in Intercultural Philosophy and International Development (University of Vienna), as well as a professional diploma in Economics and Business Administration, I am grappling with a variety of interlinked topics:
- the so-called "resilience-vulnerability nexus" in international relations, increasingly blending foreign politics with direct interventions in the field of climate change.
- disaster risk reduction, prevention, vulnerability analysis, gendered-dimensions of life reproduction and recovery in the Pacific-Andean region;
- food sovereignty, permaculture, agroecology and their upscaling and gender-dimensions with regard to urban-rural development;
- maritime and coastal common pool resource systems;
- sustainable livelihoods and gender in the Amazon;
- emerging middle classes, gender and environmental impact in South-East and French Africa;
- extractivist cultures, resistance and transformation;
- human rights' and SDG assessments and measurements,
- horizontal and vertical inequalities and intersectionalities;
- intercultural human development;
- South-South relations and regionalism;
- indigenous and nature rights (incl. Buen Vivir/Vivir bien/sumak kawsay);
- international governance of sustainability and human rights;
Find my academic publications and other writings on Researchgate and Academia.edu.
Recent political journalism (in Spanish): https://lalineadefuego.info/2021/01/27/un-lasso-para-ahorcarse/
I am also: